Acne care at Carr Dermatology
Your acne treatment plan at Carr Dermatology begins with an unrushed consultation
. Dr. Carr asks questions about variables that might be impacting your complexion, and grades the severity of your condition. She suggests lifestyle adjustments, and designs an at-home regimen of high-quality products, customized to your skin type.
You will also discuss in-office procedures and prescription solutions for acne resolution:
- Pore cleaning to extract blackheads and whiteheads.
- Chemical peels for acne on the face or back.
- Topical medications.
- Oral medications including antibiotics.
Treating acne scarring
It is never too late for more refined skin, even if you have deep acne scarring from adolescence:
- Chemical peels - Some patients believe they have scarring, but it is actually just pigmentation irregularities left by the acne. Chemical peels even out skin tone beautifully.
- Microdermabrasion - Fine crystals are sprayed across the skin and simultaneously vacuumed off. This exfoliates and stimulates production of new skin cells and collagen.
- Laser therapy - We use Fraxel fractionated non-ablative laser resurfacing for deeper penetration. Treatment with the PicoSure Focus Lens Array safely addresses acne scarring on darker skin types. We want each patient to get the best possible treatment for his or her situation. If Dr. Carr feels that your severe acne scarring or tissue loss would benefit from full face resurfacing with an ablative laser, she will happily provide referral to a doctor who specializes in that technology.
- Deep tissue filler - Dermal fillers such as RADIESSE® and Sculptra Aesthetic supplement volume and stimulate natural collagen production to even out acne-scarred complexions.
Dr. Carr treats mild to severe acne, for males and females, beginning at ten years of age. She provides hands-on care, monitoring results and suggesting treatment modifications as needed. Call Carr Dermatology today at (281) 972-6494 to get started on your program of clearer skin