Microdermabrasion is a relaxing, non-invasive treatment that buffs and polishes your skin. It gently exfoliates dead skin cells on the surface, revealing a fresh, glowing complexion, and stimulating cellular renewal. Dr. Pamela Carr suggests microdermabrasion for patients who do not currently have open acne lesions, and want softer skin with refined texture and even tone. She treats both female and male patients at the offices of Carr Dermatology in Sugar Land, TX.
Skin Conditions That Benefit From Microdermabrasion
This amazingly versatile technique improves:
- Age spots
- Comedones – blackheads and whiteheads
- Discoloration – including melasma
- Dull, lack-luster complexion
- Enlarged or clogged pores
- Hyperpigmentation – dark patches of skin
- Sun damage
- Rough, uneven texture
Advantages Of Microdermabrasion
- Convenient – treatment takes only about half an hour. It is great for busy patients.
- Non-aggressive – Using a wand hand piece, the aesthetician sprays a controlled stream of very fine aluminum oxide crystals over the skin. The device simultaneously vacuums the crystals away, along with dead skin cells.
- Comfortable – Most patients describe the sensation as a deep skin massage.
- No downtime – Please don’t apply makeup for the rest of the day, to allow skin to breathe and regenerate. Otherwise, you may return to all normal activities.
- Fast results – Microdermabrasion increases circulation for an immediate glow. Skin feels softer and looks refreshed and taut right after treatment.
- Progressive improvement – Dr. Carr usually recommends four to six treatments, scheduled about a month apart. Skin tone and texture improves with each session. Maintenance visits every three months help to keep your skin healthy and looking great.
- Stimulates collagen – For thicker, firmer skin.
- Safe – For virtually any skin type or color.
Microdermabrasion is a superficial treatment that brings noticeable improvement to many skin conditions. However, at Carr Dermatology, you can be sure you will get advice on the best treatment for your specific needs. Dr. Carr offers a broad range of services, so you know you are in good hands if your skin would benefit from deeper treatments such as chemical peels or laser therapy. Call 281.494.0034 today to learn more about how microdermabrasion can give you glowing, vibrant skin.